Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Once in a Lifetime [ Interest Check ]
by Sloth 7th June 2018, 18:14

» Glenderry [OOC]
by Sloth 1st June 2018, 04:35

» How did I get here...?
by Blind Bandit 28th May 2018, 22:44

» Click this link for instantaneous regret!
by Odal 28th May 2018, 22:21

» A Wild Sloth Appeared!
by Odal 28th May 2018, 21:46

» Hello
by Raddum 28th May 2018, 21:22

» hi friends
by ayzrules 27th May 2018, 22:32

» I'm here, I'm a deer
by Mara 27th May 2018, 20:55

» Ardacia [OOC]
by Deadbeat 27th May 2018, 16:34

» I was held at gunpoint until I made an account
by Isotope 27th May 2018, 09:08

A Guide to Navigating the Forum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mara
Mara
Admin

Character Sheet
Name: Jax
Class: Fighter
https://chaoticneutral.forumotion.com

PostMara 26th May 2018, 22:21

Introduction

|--
So, you signed up and introduced yourself. What now? How does any of this work? Why are there two search options on the same page?

If you have found yourself asking those questions, this is the guide for you. Here, I will go over aspects of the forum I think defer the most from other roleplay forums. Therefore, any qualms about migrating from another site are addressed and you have more time to roleplay, instead of spending 3 hours just trying to figure out how to make or reply to a topic. If something you have trouble with isn't listed in this guide, then feel free to send me a PM after reading.

Navigation Bar

A Guide to Navigating the Forum Unknown

|--
Home: Self-explanatory, brings you back to the forum's default homepage.
Rules: Again self-explanatory, an easy way to check the rules before you go all keyboard warrior.
Search: A link to the Advanced Search, which is more in-depth than the quick-access search bar. Here you can search for keywords in topic titles or general posts.
Usergroups: View the groups you are a part of. The only groups that exist right now are staff groups, but this feature will become less redundant for regular users in the future.
Profile: Brings you to the profile editing field, so you can change your contact information and such.
Messages: Informs you if you've received any private messages and brings you to your inbox regardless.

When you scroll past the boundaries of the navigation bar, it will collapse into a little button on the left of your screen. Clicking this will cause the Quick Navigation dialogue to show, which is identical to the regular navigation bar in all but presentation. It's useful to note that Quick Navigation also features buttons for instantly scrolling to the top or bottom of the forum.

Forumotion Navbar

A Guide to Navigating the Forum Unknown

|--
This particular navigation bar isn't as useful for navigating the forum, but it still has some significant features that can help. First of all, it acts like an on-site notification bar, so you can disable email notifications without the stress of missing out on activity. Furthermore, you can view your profile (as other members would view it), topics, posts, private messages and topics you're currently watching. You can click the little arrow to collapse it and it'll stay there until you need to open it again.

Widget Menu

|--
You'll notice there are two plus icons on either side of the forum screen, (hopefully) perfectly aligned with the forum contents. These are the buttons to active the right and left widget menus, which reduces clutter and provides more space for people to display their quality posts. The widget menus contain:

--Left Menu
Calendar: If there are any topics linked to the calendar's current month, you'll see them here.
Notepad: Uses your browser's cookies, if you clear them your notes will disappear. They save on a by-browser basis, not by-user.